Same old veggies?
SPICE THINGS UP!
We know eating the same old lean meats and greens can get old. So here is a recipe to help liven up those veggies and keep you on track at the same time.
Indian Spicy-Sour chickpeas with cauliflower
- 1 TSP finely grated ginger
- 3 TSP fresh lemon juice
- 2 TSP vegetable oil
- 2 cups diced onion
- 1-2 large jalapeno peppers (seeded and minced)
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes drained or 2 fresh tomatoes diced up
- 1 TSP ground cumin
- 1 TSP ground coriander
- 1/2 TSP ground turmeric
- 1/4 TSP ground cardamom
- 14 TSP ground cloves
- pinch of garlic salt
- 2 15 ounce cans low-sodium chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (florets cored and trimmed)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Combine ginger and lemon juice in a small cup and set aside
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil, then onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion begins to brown about 4 mins. Add jalapeno and continue cooking until onion is brown all over, another 4-5 mins. Add tomato and various spices stir and continue to cook for about a minute. Add chickpeas and 1/2 cup of water. Cover and cook at medium heat for 10 mins, stirring occasionally and adding water if becomes dry.
- Add cauliflower and 1/4 cup water, cover and cook while stirring carefully until cauliflower becomes tender- about 7 minutes. Uncover and increase the heat to medium-high and cook to boil off excess liquids. Stir in the lemon juice mixture from step one and add cilantro.
- SERVE AND ENJOY! 🙂
Do you have a favorite recipe or unique way you spice up your health? SHARE IT!!