Good habits that can translate into lifelong healthy behaviors:
February 24, 2014
- Start each day with a nutritious breakfast.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day.
- Get 8 hours of sleep each night, as fatigue can lead to overeating.
- Eat your meals seated at a table.
- Eat more meals with your partner or family.
- Learn to eat when you’re hungry and stop when you’re comfortably full.
- Reduce your portion sizes by 20%, or give up second helpings.
- Eat five servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
- Eat meals or snack every few hours, never go more than 4 hours between meals other than at night.
- Experiment with new lighter recipes and healthy cooking methods, such as grilling, roasting, baking or poaching.
- Drink more water and fewer sweetened beverages.
- Buy less processed foods, sweets and treats.
Set yourself up for success by only attempting to change one bad habit at a time.