Fitness For Cancer!
Soula Seitaridis was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer in June of this year. Soula is currently undergoing chemo treatments every other week, having successfully completed 6 rounds, and has two left, with her last chemo treatment scheduled for Monday, October 14th.
The conclusion of her chemo treatments is only her first major milestone. Soula is scheduled for a double mastectomy, on Tuesday, November 12th, and will continue with radiation therapy later this year, followed by reconstructive surgery in the Spring of 2014.
Soula’s employer has been so generous and understanding, and has allowed her to remain at home since the beginning of her treatment. On the weeks that Soula receives chemo, she is in a very weakened state, nauseous and tired. These symptoms typically reside within 5 days, and she can enjoy at least one week of recovery (and feeling better), until her next round of chemo.
Up until now, Soula’s husband Tom, their immediate family and some close friends have been managing Soula’s care, helping with meals, rides, house care and keeping her company at home.
Soula’s also is the older sister of Trainer George Kitmiridis. October’s fundraiser proceeds will go to the breast cancer foundation to help women fight this disease all over the world. A small percentage of our fundraiser will also go to Soula’s for her operation in 2014
Please be a part of our fundraiser to help George’s sister afford the treatment she needs.
How can I Help?
- Members and friends can workout with us on October 12 8am-4pm Out side Tommy K 290 Hope st
- They may take classes all and give a friendly donation to the cause.
- Members and Friends may also participate in our all day raffle, which features products and services from numerous local businesses.
- Local Businesses we are asking to donate products or services in the form of a gift certificate.
- (companies who do participate will be listed on our breast cancer banners).
- The Training Floor will have a prize raffle that day featuring local businesses products and services.
- Please be a part of something great. Every donation counts. Please make checks out to Soula Seitaridis.