Eat Slow for Weight Loss
What can you do to slow down your eating pace?
1. Eat real food. While soft white bread is very chewable, it goes down fast and makes it easy to consume more. Whole grain bread requires more work. In general, “fast food” is made to be easy to eat without much effort.
2. Eat your fruits and vegetables, don’t drink them. Smoothies are very popular, but drinking down your meal is the fastest way to ingest excess calories. Chewing an apple or an orange is going to take more time.
3. Eat with company to slow down. You’ll talk, laugh, and be more polite than if you’re eating on your own in front of the TV or computer. Of course, this can backfire if your meal companions are eating unhealthy food.
4. Use smaller utensils. Smaller spoons make for smaller bites. Is that the secret of people who eat with chopsticks?
5. Allocate enough time for your meal so you won’t have to rush.
Are you a fast eater or a slow eater?